Sunday, September 07, 2008

Does the Internet Have Everything?


The joy of a 4 year old. The architect of these secure instutions (banks with tellers,) Boba Fett is a thinker, he has big thoughts inside that little head of his and I am sure only a fraction is spoken which is frightening since he talks all day long. That is part of the reason that I know he has a special work to do on the earth, his spirit is strong and he studies thing in his mind. He is sensitive to things in a good way not a crying all the time sort of way.

He is really into the resurrection. When he learns that someone or thing has died he points out that they will be resurrected. It is almost scary because one day I was telling Nutmeg about running in the parking lot and how she could be killed and Boba Fett pointed out that she would be resurrected! Tonight at dinner (salmon) he asked if fish will be resurrected. I told him that I didn't know about fish and I told him the things I do know about the resurrection and suggested he pray about it because I don't know and honestly I am not that concerned about the eternal nature of the souls of fish.

There was also the hurricane fiasco when the guy on the news said "Gulf Coast" and the kids heard "golf course" and Grandma and Grandpa live on the golf course...

Here are some of the other exciting questions we have been asked of late:
What if there were no trees?
What if there were no grass?
What if there were no dirt?
Why do spiders have eight legs?
Why are guns called guns?
How old is your mom?
Why is Grandma so nice?
Can tornadoes be over the ocean?
What do you do during a tornado and what if you don't have a basement?
Have you ever been to the North Pole?

So you see I need to be philosopher, scriptorian, ecologist, entomologist and etymologist to keep up with this kid.

Thank goodness for the "Internets." Thank you Al Gore!

In other news...Nutmeg my little adorable girl who looks just like a china doll was cleaned, pressed, dressed and sent out the door for church this morning. When I made it out the door she was throwing black dirt high into the air so it could shower down into her white blonde hair. Her mission in life is to knock people over like a linebacker.

No comments: