Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Retro Vinyl


Today I have been sorting through the dusty box that has been living in the garage for 6 years known as my record collection. It isn't much of a collection, with the exception of my carefully guarded INXS albums, I pretty much just found records that looked fun or had artists that I felt I should be familiar with.
I think I must have happened upon a box at a garage sale or something and bought the box because there are some really mystifying choices in this collection.
Albums that did make the cut:
All INXS and The Eagles, a groovy disco hits album, Disney Storybook albums, classical, Wham, REO Speedwagon, Michael Jackson AND We Are the World, John Denver, Lind Ronstadt, Kenny Rogers, Bee Gees Greatest Hits, ABBA
Albums that did not make the cut:
Chuck Mangione, Neil Sedaka, KISS, Sheena Easton, Gordon Lightfoot, Olivia Newton John, Bee Gees.
Albums I thought I had but didn't Find:
A Robert Palmer single and Hellen Reddy
Pending a decision:
A TON of Barry Manilow and Barbara Streisand Records, Cindy Lauper, Chicago.
The Most Fun:
A Hard Day's Night single (that's by the Beatles for you kids out there.)
The Most Disappointing:
Mary Poppins - Not the Original cast - yuck!

No comments: