Monday, September 22, 2008

Petite Dolls

In our family the doll of choice is the Madame Alexander. They are cute and a family tradition. However, there is a problem. You aren't allowed to play with them. What good is a doll if you can't play with it, I ask? Well, I disobeyed and played with mine and you can tell. Most of them are pretty messy. My Scarlett is a disgrace. I have them scattered about Nutmeg's room but they are not to be played with.
Another problem is that although Nutmeg looks like a doll - the perfect complexion and tiny defined lips- she looks nothing like a Madame Alexander doll. Her cheeks aren't big enough and she doesn't have enough hair.
Than I found Petite Blythes...
They are tiny just 4 " high and they can actually fit in a dollhouse. First we bought Itsy Bitsy and named her Betsy but her hair is really yellow in real life and her eyes are very dark blue. Also Nutmeg shattered her pelvis in the first week.
Then we bought Hollywood Hills because her coloring was more of a match for Nutmeg and her hair is parted like Nutmeg's cowlick. We named her Greta.
I want to play too, Shy Bear is the doll I have picked out for myself, bangs, brown eyes. Don't you just love them?
Moose and I are planning to build a dollhouse for the Blythes to give to Nutmeg on her 3rd birthday.
P.S. Don't fret about Betsy, Grandpa White House fixed her. She just needs to be treated gingerly.
P.P.S. Petite Blythes can wear Polly Pocket shoes so if you have any lying about we would be thrilled to receive new footwear for our Blythes.

No comments: